Sunday, March 6, 2011

WEEK 19

Stucco, stucco, stucco, STUCCO! I have to admit that I ***LOVE*** my house!!!!!!!!! (I could add about a zillion more of those !!!!! but I wont) I am soooo happy with the way it is turning out so far. The color is so perfect!!! I have been a bit worried, because I couldn't quite remember what shade of green we had chosen....but it turned out just how I wanted!!!!! ok. enough with the exclamation points..... ! :-)



And it looks even better with the soffit on it:


The Neilson's {Lot 5}: getting ready for stucco.


The Gilson's {Lot 4}: Almost done being shingled, and ready to be inspected on Tuesday...


The Hageman's {Lot 3}: Sam and I started the stone on Saturday. How exciting huh! And I'll just tell you right now that the smile in this picture is totally fake... 100%.


Because after 9 hours ( 9 HOURS) of working this is literally all I had to show for it...oh and the "wet" spot on the wall is where the last couple of stones I had put on just fell off. Yup, that's when I packed it all up and went home, shed a few (hundred) tears, ate a good dinner and then literally slept ALL day today (Sunday)....it was pretty much one of the most frustrating days of my life. I may have to buy some (bags of) chocolate tomorrow before I can completely get over it. Just thinkin'.

9 Hours.... TAH DAH:


Our supervisor told Sam and I that we were chosen to do stone because we seemed like patient people. HA HA HA HA. I almost fell over laughing. After the past 19 weeks of working with him, I'm not sure he even knows me. :) This is how I really feel, I think you'll get the idea from my face. :) I felt like a kid who wanted to throw a tantrum. And I did...on the drive home...I slugged David a good one on his arm. Felt kinda bad.



Anyhow, I went home and watched a bunch of youtube videos and read a bunch of articles on how to install stone. We were doing it wrong. No question. Stones should not (let me just emphasize that again) NOT fall off the wall. And you should NOT have to use every muscle in your body to get them to stick. It is frustrating to me that our supervisor doesn't really know much about it (he had to ask the stucco guys how to mix the mortar...yup, my confidence is building... and then literally falling off the wall.)

I am excited (not sure that is the correct word) to go out and try different consistency's of mortar and get it to work. (please work.) If that cute little chick on the DIY Network can throw up stone....I know I can. hopefully. maybe. we'll see. :)

Week 20....comin' up. Should be good. (please oh please oh please...because if it is anything like this weekend, I might start chucking stones through windows.... :-)

No comments: