Monday, February 28, 2011

WEEK 18


WOO HOO! Week 18 is over! ha ha. bwah ha ha ha HAAAAAAAAA. sigh.


It has been a pretty fun week...at least I thought so :) It has been so exciting to get so much done. I love weeks like that!

The Richin's house {Lot 1} got painted, linoleum put in, and cabinets delivered! I walked through it today and it made me sooooo happy!


Here's a picture of Mont (stolen from Kassie's facebook page) after he got done painting his house....lookin' good old man! :)


My house got interior doors installed and all the closet shelving put in. It is looking so awesome! Every time I walk in I just have to smile...our whole group has worked so hard...it is just exciting to see it all coming together!

Here are the first 3 stages of our house getting stucco:


The actual color will hopefully get put on the end of this week. I'm excited to see what it will look like!!!

And of course I have to share a few pic's of the inside:


Our pantry, complete with shelves:


Audrey's closet...David teases me...but seriously, it is one of my favorite features of our house!


It was kind of a rough weekend for the Nielson's {lot 5}: The drywall people came and installed the sheet rock before it was shingled and I guess they had some leaks, the back door got cracked from the wind blowing so hard and they also had one of their basement windows broken. :( The roof and wall teams got about 1/3 (ish) of the back shingled on Saturday night but had to quit because it started to snow... Phil (the guy on the roof) got the rest of the back shingled today, and I'm thinking the front will be done in another day or so. :)


The Gilson's House {Lot 4}: The roof and wall team got the entire roof sheeted on Saturday! I couldn't believe how much they got done...the LAST roof! I was able to get in all the doors...Hallelujah NO MORE DOORS! :) We are just about done with all the punchlist stuff, Kassie and I gave it a major cleaning today and it is looking good!


The VERY LAST DOOR! {not quite sure how I get so muddy...seriously...how does this happen???}


I'm not quite sure what to expect this next week. I am supposed to start on stone (which got delivered today!!!), but the first 3 houses have to have their stucco fixed first. I guess the wire that was put on the houses isn't the right kind to support the stone. So it is all going to have to be ripped off and fixed before I can get going. Our contractor didn't know when that would happen or how long it would take...so looks like I might be on paint prep for awhile. I had to help move some 80 lb bags ( 80 LB BAGS!!!) of mortar into the garages today...and I'm thinking I might die doing stone. So maybe a couple days of paint prep will be nice. ha ha. I am actually getting myself more excited to do stone...so hopefully it wont take too long before we can get started...

whelp. that's that! :) Week 19 here we GOOOOOOOOOOO!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I'm so excited. Can I come see your house in person when it's done? I'll bring yummy food and oo and ahh as you take me on a tour. Promise.

painty (Melinda) said...

I bet you are getting really buff doing all of that work! It is looking so good!