ok. So here is a quick update from this past week. I am soooooo tired, and even though it is only 7:45 I have big hopes of being tucked in bed by 8:30...so this has to be fast! :)
We will start off with the wound picture of the week. David had a truss drop on his leg and it has been a bit painful to say the least. He can't even get his boots on now because his ankle is so swollen. poor guy. All I did this week was hit my finger with a hammer...and it wasn't even picture worthy.
Lot 3: Unveiled! The picture is a little dark...I'll have to take a better one. I'm excited to see this one after it gets stone put on since they will have stone on the front of their entire garage (not just the bottom part like all the other houses)

Lot 6: A lot happened on our house this week. We had our first inspection on Monday and we passed! On all the other houses the inspector has come and failed us and given us a list of things we needed to fix, and then he has come back and passed us. So it was kind of exciting that we didn't have to fix anything. the perfect house. he he. And that means the punchlist crew is getting better. (hope we can do it again...)
Lot 6: A lot happened on our house this week. We had our first inspection on Monday and we passed! On all the other houses the inspector has come and failed us and given us a list of things we needed to fix, and then he has come back and passed us. So it was kind of exciting that we didn't have to fix anything. the perfect house. he he. And that means the punchlist crew is getting better. (hope we can do it again...)
The electrician came, we got insulation put in, and we now have a huge stack of sheet rock in the house, which should be getting installed early next week. Here is a view of the garage:
David in the dining room...and to the left, my kitchen window:
The front door...and my awesome entry way...I just love my house!!!
This is the view from my master bedroom, we have an arched doorway that leads to the vanity, then if you go past that you will be in the bathroom, and if you turn left you will be in my closet. oooo ahhhh. yeah, pretty amazing huh. :)
This is the living room. We decided instead of having a half wall along the side of our stairs that we would put an arched "window" through the full wall. I was a bit hesitant to let David do it, but he talked me into it and I think I really like it. I am excited to see what it will look like after sheet rock:
LOT 5: We have a ton of punchlist already done! I get to install doors on Monday, and I think the windows are also going in. David and Mont are going to finish sheeting and drying it in, and I think shingles might get started as well...
LOT 4: The very LAST house!!! I can hardly believe it. Trusses are going up next Saturday. Just thinking about it almost makes me want to cry...we are almost done with all framing work! And I never EVER have to build another floor again! I am done with something, and that feels good. real good.
the end.

5 comments:
I love these posts. Big congrats on the house, I love watching it come together.
Someday we'll have a house too...Sigh.
Wow, poor David! It is so amazing to see your house being built before our eyes, keep up the good work!
David's leg looks so painful! But your house looks so awesome! You have made a ton of progress and I am so excited for you!
I love love love the arched window above your stairs!! It is looking soo good Anne! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to come visit when it's done!
Yeah! Your house looks more and more like a house! The rock on the garage will look so nice (Ryan will be jelous!)
Post a Comment