LOT 2: We passed inspection. Stucco guys are getting ready and drywall is going up on the inside.
LOT 3: Punchlist is coming right along. We are still waiting for new windows, and I have 2 more doors to install...
LOT 6: floor has been started, and promptly stopped. :( I have been so discouraged with how long it has taken for our floor to go up. Our lumber has been sitting around for 4 weeks and we just haven't been able to get to it...and now we have run into a few problems. I hope it wont be as hard to fix as I think it will be...but the green plate seems to be all messed up. It isn't flush with the foundation at the corners on the back wall (which is where it should be flush), and the measurements are all at least 1/2" off. Our contractor (nathan) is out of town, he says it would be okay if it is 1/2" off evenly across the front of the house...but it isn't. In one section it is 1/2" another is 3/4" etc. There are sections where I can see the blue chalk line that the green plate was supposed to line up with and it isn't even close to touching it. I am foreseeing big problems, since everything fits together like a puzzle and if one thing is off, the whole thing will be off...but we will have to see. Nathan is supposed to be in today to take a look at it, and I hope it is something we can work with to fix. I cannot even say how happy I will be when this floor actually gets done...
We also found a small crack in the foundation along the back wall. Ughhh. I hope that isn't a big deal either...hopefully it can be fixed now, before it turns into a potentially huge problem in 20 years. oh dear. I must be really worried...I woke up at 5:30 this morning and haven't been able to go back to bed...it is going to be a long day. And I have 7 hours of work ahead of me...
No comments:
Post a Comment