So, I haven't really been in a blogging mood as of late. I guess it has probably been a combination of a lot of things. Primarily my headaches, which I have now had for approximately 80 days straight. Yuck---put it like that and it seems horrible! Well, it is horrible. I wont lie. I'm sick of them...and sick of feeling so crummy. I've been to the doctor and he gave me some medications that made me dizzy and made my eyes blurr AND he said I would have to take them for up to 2 months to see if they would work. NO THANKS...I'd rather keep my headaches. (IF I have to choose). So I stopped taking them and decided to try the Chiropractor. I went to 3 sessions but no relief at all! Now I am going to be trying some vitamins that have been clinically proven to help headaches...but that too can take 5 weeks or longer to see any results. I'm just not sure what else to do. I think I might also have a sinus infection (though my doctor a few weeks ago didn't think so...a lot of help he turned out to be)---So I got some Sudafed and I'm going to take that over the weekend and see if it helps...if not I'm back to the doctor. (A different doctor this time) Ugh. I'm getting a lot discouraged. =(
Anyhow, as for some other things that have been going on:
Thursday the 23rd was Christopher's 8th Birthday! We went to Liberty Park only to find out upon arriving that it was closed. Ha ha. I guess they closed it at 6 pm to get ready for the 24th of July Parade. Who knew? We played anyway since the sign said they wouldn't start towing cars until 10. We had yummy KFC and Audrey had a blast playing in the water. But the most memorable part of the evening was all the bugs. This is a horrible pic or me but I thought it was too funny not to share:
It doesn't show up too great on here, but all those little white specs are bugs...and apparently I don't like them very much.
On Friday the 24th, we went on an awesome hike up American Fork Canyon with my mom and brother, to Stewart Cascade Falls. This wasn't the hike we originally set out to go on, but we ended up on it because the lady in the booth gave us the wrong directions. It was awesome though because we realized once we got their that this was the same hike David and I had gone on in High School when we were on Orchestra Council Retreat. David claims he fell in love with me when I went under the waterfall with him, way back when we were 17. HA HA. sappy.
Audrey got just a tad bit dirty. But she had so much fun. The hike was only 2 miles in and of course 2 miles back out...but it took us a good 4 hours or so to do it. I think our next hike will be a little shorter. just a little. We are planning to go back out this Saturday...so we'll see where we end up going! Fun. fun.
I guess Audrey had had a long weekend because after everyone had gone home after the baptism she said "I'm not tired Grandma" and then she did this:
This Month I have also been having a blast working on my craft blog! Here are just a few of the projects I have done this month:
I had an "experience" making currant jelly:
I made Audrey this cute Play Tent that fits over our table:
And I made this fabric covered notebook for Christopher's Birthday:
Anyhow, it has been a lot of fun...if any of you ever do something crafty and want to have it featured on Florashowers.com just let me know! PLEASE let me know!
Anyhow, it has been such a busy month. I've enjoyed having summer activities though, and I've been happy to be out of the house doing so much. I am absolutely dreading the winter! And I hope that the rest of the summer will drag on as long as possible! 'Cause I really don't want this little boy to grow up!
No comments:
Post a Comment