Thursday, July 30, 2009

So many of you are already signed up on Goodreads but I thought I would just send out an invitation to all of you who aren't yet! Goodreads is this great site where you can keep track of books that you have read or want to read as well as be able to rate them and write reviews. You then share these reviews and updates with all of your goodreads friends! I absolutely LOVE it. Anyhow, so I think that you all should join! Just go to goodreads.com and follow the directions. You will like it I promise AND It's super easy. Also...if anybody is interested in doing an online book club let me know---I'm thinking about starting one up but thought I would see if anybody would be interested in doing it first! We don't have to read very many books or read them super fast (maybe 1 book every 2 months or so). Let me know if you want in....we can take turns being in charge of what books to read.

Here is the review of the latest book I've read:



When the Emperor Was Divine When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka

My rating: 3 of 5 stars This was a rather quick read and it was pretty good. I didn't Love it, but I did finish it, and that says a lot for a book, since if I'm not really into it in the first few chapters I usually put it down. This book is about a Japanese Family that were put in the Internment camp out in the Utah desert during WWII. I've never read a book from this perspective before and I thought it was an interesting read. I didn't like that the writer never gave her characters names. The characters were just woman, man, father, son, daughter, soldier etc. It kind of bugged me because I didn't feel like it allowed any kind of connection. Overall a good read. View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

melissa said...

Hey Anne! I just saw a thing on... yep you guessed it... studio Five where they were talking about book clubs and how you could do one online! What a fun idea! I would definitely be up for it if you decide to do one! I have been jealous because people talk about having book clubs in their wards but mine doesn't do one! sad! I LOVE BOOKS! =)