Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Garden Tragedy

So, this morning when I got up and walked outside to check on the garden, I found that one of my biggest tomato plants had fallen completely over. I know now that those $1.50 tomato cages are only worth about that (if not less!) Anyhow, we had to do a little bit of a makeover and drive in some long wood stakes to hold the plant back up. Sadly we lost a branch... doesn't it look pitifully sad? I was sad...

Anyhow, I think the stake makes the plants look really tall...so I kind of like the addition! Next year Maybe I'll just put huge stakes in when I plant---it will look really funny when the plants are only 5 inches high. ha ha ha. I think I'll do it!
oh, and while I was taking this picture (if you will take note of the little blonde in the bottom right hand corner...) Audrey was picking the heads off all the marigolds. She had a mighty fine pile when I was done. =) How I do love her and all her help!



6 comments:

Anne said...

To Shayla,

Just in case you click here to comment! I do blog about things besides tomatoes. maybe. hmm. guess how would I know, i've never blogged before. Maybe it will be a blog about tomatoes. Maybe I should rename it the "tomato blog" or something creative like that. he he he. yum.

Casey Anne said...

opps...your little girl is soo cute. I love gardening too. I started one this year. I tried starting a blog but I haven't been very diligent. Your flower slide show is great! I'll have to start up my blog again and give you the address.

Shayla said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! now you made me forget what I was going to say here. HAHAHAHAHA Tomato blog, I like that. :)

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

Anne I looked at your flowers below and you do beautiful work I wish you could have done my flowers for my wedding. :) Wow, that was 5 1/2 years ago...I'd never seen any pictures of Melinda's wedding. She looked so so so so so beautiful! I miss my lil' Melinda....I liked when she called me her lil' Jen dear. Anyway maybe I'm strange for commenting on your blog about Melinda? How is she doing? I love your blog, keep up the good work!

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

Come to think of it...I don't know if I ever saw pictures of your wedding either. :( It makes me so sad that I couldn't be there...maybe you could post some on your blog just for me?

Unknown said...

Lovely little blonde garden "helper" there Anne. :) My girls like to turn on the water in the garden without telling me! It's gone for about 26 hours once! I actually think that that accident save our corn though. Shhh, don't tell my daughters I said that. :)
-Leslie