2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments!
Last day in Washington
7 years ago
14 comments:
I want to be the first comment for this post since you were the first for mine! But, I just have too many great memories to narrow it down to just one...no worries I'll think of a few to post later and let you wait with great anticipation for my comments to start arriving! :)
Let's see...I remember that one time you didn't come say hi to me at Red Mountain...JUST KIDDING! haha you know you laughed. Okay, for reals, I remember those stupid projects we had to make for the show and we were so angry at them, I remember you talking about your missionary a lot...hehehe...mnostly I just remember your laugh. Probably 'cause I did everything in my power to make you laugh so we could live through our dirt class....hhahahaha
Remember that time that you lied to me that Melinda (my wife, but at the time she was your roommate) actually was starting to like me, even though she had told you a few days earlier that if I asked you should tell me that she isn't interested? Thanks for lying to me!
Or how about that time we sat in dark caves watching freshman pour "non-toxic" chemicals on themselves and ruing their clothes.
HAHA! Did we draw eyes on our chins and hang upside-down on that trip?! seems like we did...hahaha!
Ok... that time we crazily re-decorated our apartment really late at night (I think we put flip-flops on the walls...). Creating our in-house poet (Ralph) to try and scare Magan after she got home late after a date with Jared. The Knight bandits. Oh, we had such good times!
Of course my first memory of you is the same you have for me when we both found out we would be changing schools at the same time. It made me so happy because I really had no reason to switch schools and decided I needed a friend. So when I introduced myself and told you we were going to be friends I was glad you didn't protest. :) It was really nice having you in orchestra the first day even though you already had friends you still made me feel more comfortable knowing I had at least one friend in my new school.
I was having one of my sleepless nights when we were roomies. You walked into our room late, and I heard your eye go "squish" the way it does when you rub it. When you discovered I was still awake you gave me some sleeping remedies... something about standing on our heads in bed and making bug sounds... worked like a charm, ha ha :)
Hi Anne! I just found your blog through Jake and Melinda's and I was really excited :)
I remember when we used to decide that since we were going to be by ourselves on a Friday night we would make seven layer dip and eat it in the living room, sitting on the floor, and we would always end up with the little wall between where you were eating and where I was eating.
On another note, send me and email, amie_mcguire@yahoo.com, and we can catch up!
I remember we use to always force a smile when we were having a bad day and you said..."the more you smile eventually it will put you in a good mood (or something like that)." And since we always tried to come up with the craziest smiles it usually worked. I think of you every time I try to smile crazy just to make myself feel better.
I remember sometime after we'd first met we were carpooling to school (as we did every morning) and you told me I was an answer to your prayer because you wanted to go to West Jordan High School so badly (just like me) but didn't know how you would get there and the bus thing wasn't working out so well and then I asked if you'd like me to pick you up everyday. It made me feel so special to be an answer to your prayer! I always felt so bad when I made you late for school though. Sorry. :)
I remember going to a football game at Riverton High School because this boy I had a really big crush on was going to be there and when I saw him I ran up to him and he introduced me to a girl and called her his girlfriend. At the time I didn't know they were goofing around and I was devastated (I was/am so dramatic).
I called you later that night and told you I was so upset with him because he had told someone else the same thing about me the day before and before I could even tell you why I was so upset with him you said..."Well I am really mad at him too because he made my best friend cry."
You then came to me a few months later and ever so kindly asked if it would be okay if you weren't mad at him anymore and if maybe I wouldn't mind that you now had a crush on him. I thought it was so nice of you to ask permission even though you really didn't need it you cared enough about my feelings. I love you, Anne. Now go give that boy a great big hug and kiss! Not from me though I have a new crush that I think the world of...haha! Best friends share everything, right? Even crushes sometimes. :)
Anne,
Let's see....soooo many memories! I remember watching Bugsy Malone with you. Sleep overs. The Beatles - of course the Beatles!! I actually just found my Sgt. Pepper outfit and the letter that we wrote to Paul McCartney...really funny stuff!! I remember Brighton Beehive camp, making popcorn, Anaconda!, when you moved to South Jordan :( sooo far away. Orchestra, Orchestra presidency, dating David,.....Our reunion breakfast....so many!! How can I pick one! I love you sooooo much!!
I want to come to a reunion breakfast! Invite me, okay? :)
Tonight I was going through stuff to pack up and came across old letters that I'd saved. I have every single letter Anne McCurdy ever wrote me. :) I have lots of little ones that say, "Happy Monday". I also found an invitation for a wake-over because you don't sleep at sleepovers. :)
Post a Comment