So, David got laid off of work on Wednesday. Talk about a surprise. I definitely did NOT see that coming. Around noon I heard the garage door open, and my heart sunk. I definitely knew he didn't drive 45 minutes to just come home for lunch. Turns out they laid off a large portion of the marketing department…including his boss. I guess big changes are going on at Fusion.
I will admit I am a tad bit stressed out. More so because we are having a baby in a month, and the whole insurance thing is just going to get complicated and potentially expensive. Luckily we are having our baby at a birthing suite (and not the hospital) and have already paid the midwife in full. Unluckily…well, lets just hope there isn't an emergency. We should be covered through April…but after that things will start to get expensive. The idea of paying for COBRA out of our pocket scares me…as does the idea of not having insurance, especially with a newborn. ugh.
David is feeling pretty good about getting another job, and so far he has already been contacted by a number of companies and even has a few meetings scheduled. He already has his resume out to 3 companies (all of which are interested in him)…so here is to crossing our fingers he can find something quickly. And here's to me trying to remain calm. Waiting for a baby is hard. Waiting for your hubby to find a job is hard. Put them together…and I almost feel like I could scream.
Anyhow, Juliette is enjoying her time with Dad…so I guess all is well.
Last day in Washington
7 years ago

2 comments:
Oh man! That is awful news, but I hope he gets something soon! Praying for you guys!
I am sorry to hear that! It seems that craziness happens for you around the time you are going to have a baby. I'm sure he will find something soon with his skills!
Post a Comment