Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Baby...May the Fourth Be With You

Sooooo….most of you know…but some of you probably not…

It might come as a surprise…

I know it definitely was a surprise for me…

But David and I are expecting baby #4 to join our family on May 4th…or a few weeks earlier if it is anything like my other 3 pregnancies…cross fingers :-)

This pregnancy has been a rough ride, but I think things are finally starting to get better (meaning the morning, afternoon, evening, all day sickness if finally starting to wear off, and I have started to clean my house again…at least occasionally). And now that the initial shock of being pregnant is wearing off, and I am coming to grips with the fact that I will have 2 babies who need a crib at the same time...I am actually getting quite excited. Call me crazy (oh wait…don't do that…) but I've decided to have my baby at a birthing suite (kind of like having a baby at home…but more like having a baby at someone else's home, but a little less weird…I guess) instead of at the hospital. With a midwife instead of a Doctor. And I don't think I have ever been so excited for the actual labor of any of my other babies. I'm just excited about the experience and every time I meet with my midwife Jennee I can't help but feel like this is 100% what I want to do.  She makes me feel excited to give birth…and I know I've never felt that way coming away from a visit with a doctor. I just hope my pregnancy goes well…so I actually can do it. A year ago I never would have imagined having a baby outside of the hospital (in fact I had a friend who did have a baby at home and at the time I thought she was crazy). I have changed a lot this year. I think I have changed for the better. But it is really amazing how changing my diet has led me to change so many other aspects of my life…it has been a good year.

Anyway…I guess that's my news. I am currently 16 weeks, and even though I am excited, May (or April) sure seems like an awful long time from now. Sometimes I walk by the mirror and notice my belly and once again I am blown away by the fact that I am pregnant…and then I get feeling kind of overwhelmed. Pregnancy is hard. Winter is hard. Put them together…and well…it is going to be a hard winter for me. I think I need a project.

No comments: