Thursday, February 2, 2012

18 Weeks and Counting


So I was kind of in the mood to sit down and blog a bit this morning...but not so in the mood to delve back into the past and try to post something from our summer (which is still something I very much need to do). So, I thought I would just blog a quick update about life in general.

Things I suppose are going alright. Many of you know I have been a tad bit stressed out about my pregnancy. It has definitely not been the easiest on me. I am finally feeling tons better though, and things are almost (kinda) getting back to normal. At least I can get out of bed and clean up (a little bit) and make breakfast/lunch/dinner and drive the kids to school. Seriously, don't laugh, but this has been a HUGE improvement, even if it is all I do in an entire day!!!

Though I am EXTREMELY grateful that my throwing up days are (mostly) over, I am however, exhausted beyond exhausted. I literally could sleep all day. And unfortunately my kids are still watching a lot of tv/movies in order to accommodate me. :) I have also been having these terrible nightmares that I am having miscarriages. I've read somewhere that that is common in pregnancy but I have never experienced it before. I think I spent 4 hours awake last night after I woke up after a nightmare with a terrible pain in my stomach. Now that I am awake the pain doesn't seem that scary. Seriously, it is probably normal...but in the middle of the night I can really freak myself out. My dreams seem so real, I have to convince myself it didn't really happen. I try not to let myself worry too much...but it has been hard, especially at night. I am so stressed out!

As for other news not pregnancy related...I have started in on attempt #2 to get Emerson potty trained. We tried about 3 or 4 months ago and he was pretty successful peeing in the potty but the other one...well, lets just say we failed EVERY time. I gave up after a few weeks and decided to wait on it. This go around though...I think there might be hope!!! He hasn't had an accident in 3 days and yesterday he even made it to the potty to go #2. Afterwards he told me "Audrey will be so proud of me." ha ha. I thought it was a funny comment. And indeed when Audrey came home she was very much impressed and made a big deal out of the whole thing. Yay, for supportive older sisters! he he. I will be so happy when he is out of diapers!

As for other BIG news...Audrey and I went and got our hair cut a few weeks ago. It was fun to get out of the house together and go to the salon. (Which is not something I do nearly enough:) I think we cut about 6 inches of hair off Audrey...this being the first time she has ever got her haircut by someone other than me. sniff sniff. My girl's growing up!


Ahhh. The tangled mess has been so much nicer to comb lately...though those long locks were beautiful...


Anyhow, that's about all the blogging I have energy for today :) Did I mention that I have also been STARVING all the time. So, it's time for me to go eat breakfast...again. :) sigh. Only 22 more weeks to go...

1 comment:

painty (Melinda) said...

Sorry your pregnancy has been so hard. Seems like dreams when you're pregnant are so vivid and real--I know mine are. Hope you keep getting better! Audrey looks so cute with her haircut! I can't believe how long it was.