Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Sand Dunes

October 8, 2011

Okay---gotta get back in to documenting our summer...I have soooo much more I need to blog about! Like our fun trip to the Sand Dunes.

It started off like this....just a tad bit cramped in the car. (yah, Emerson is somewhere in there too) he he. My cousin Scott came along for the fun and luckily we only had to drive him around the corner and then he got to ride the rest of the way in Kari & Joey's car which was just a tad bit more roomie:)


When we got there we were all excited to take a spin in Joey's Dune Buggy...(well, everyone but me...I really have this fear of dying in a vehicle and so, uh, I was just there to watch)...unfortunately it broke down and nobody got to ride it. (poor David...this was the 2nd time he went out to the dunes with Joey and the 2nd time the buggy broke down and he didn't get a ride. sad day.)


But we all had fun anyways...playing in the sand:


Eating the sand:


Getting pulled on the sled:



And of course drinking hot chocolate...because it was COLD!




The boys also had fun Dune Jumping and us girls had fun sledding down the dunes. I thought it was awesome and way better than sledding on the snow because you went just a tad bit slower! (me and my fears of getting hurt!) Anyhow, I'd never been out to the dunes before (I've been to the ones in Idaho but they are nothing compared to the ones in Utah. ha ha). I wish I had a picture of Sand Mountain. It is insane. Maybe next time we go...

No comments: