Sorry this post is so late. I can't believe how hard we have been working these past few weeks trying to get everything completed so that we can be ready for an open house and MOVE IN! :-) Seems like I haven't even had time to take any pictures of our progress. sad.
The BIGGEST and GREATEST news EVER is that I FINISHED doing stone!!! Wahoo. Woot woot. Whoopi. Go me. Go me. Go me. Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. YAH! Saturday was our very last day. sigh. And I can't even begin to express how good it feels to be done. It is a bit weird though, for the past 7 weeks that is all I have done, and now I kind of feel like a lost sheep. I don't really know where I fit in anymore. I am just doing a few things here, and a few things there...it is weird. But nice.
The other exciting thing that happened is that we got carpet in our house! And I LOVE it. I can't believe how much of a difference it makes. It makes our house look all cozy, and it doesn't have that cool echo any more, and best of all is that Audrey seems to like it:-) I had a really hard time getting her to stop jumping up and down and making silly poses...

But I can't blame her for all of the excitement, her room sure has changed a bit since the last time we had her pose in it. ha ha. Wow. I just can't believe how far we've come in just a few months. We have a real house now.

Anyhow, this week we have so much we are doing to finish up. David (and the other guys doing landscaping) have to get sprinklers set up on 3 more houses, and then prep the ground for our huge sod laying party on Saturday. And Dave Barnett gets to finish building the steps that lead from the back doors to the patios. And the rest of us have to do a whole bunch of random little things like: getting dishwashers working, cleaning windows, doing paint touch ups, finishing hanging cabinet doors, putting vents in under the cabinets etc. So, there is a lot to do...but it is finally coming to an end. I can't believe it. This tunnel has a light at the end...and I'm awfully glad it isn't a train. (he he)
After Saturday we should be all done except for the final cleaning. How crazy is that. Done building. And the good thing is that our open house should be on the 19th (not the 26th). Thank goodness. 16 more days and we could be living in our house. :-) yay.

4 comments:
So, I can't really tell, but I think you might be sorta excited about being done with stone. Am I reading you right? :) hehe
I'm so happy and excited for you! You're almost done!!
Congrats! <3 Good job, Annie!
Yay! It looks so good! I am so excited for you.
Hooray!!
Post a Comment