Saturday, April 23, 2011

WEEK 26

What a week. I am tired. I know I say that a lot...but this time I really Really REALLY mean it. My goal (the stone teams goal) was to finish grouting 2 more houses this week (I personally thought it might not happen)...but we actually ended up getting 3 done!

The Richin's {Lot 1}:


The Barnett's {Lot 2}: Sam and I grouted this entire house on Friday. 1 day. yup. We are cool.


And the Neilson's {Lot 5}: Sam, Dave and I grouted this entire house today! Another house done in a single day. Pure awesomeness.



Yeah, I'm pretty impressed with us. Though, I think my body is physically going to give out on me now. My hands hurt so bad from squeezing the grout bag so much (it is like a huge frosting bag for cake decorating only it is filled with heavy mortar). I think I did grout for about 23 hours this week. So my hands are killing me. They ache so bad. Today I ended up going home from the house early because I just couldn't do it anymore. Even now, 4 hours later my finger tips are hurting as I am trying to type. I am hoping a day off will do me some good (I've been so lazy these past few Sundays, I usually wake up and get the kids breakfast and then go straight back to bed until 12:30 which gives me an entire half hour to get ready for church...thank goodness I have such a good husband!) Anyhow, I hope a lazy day will help because I've got 28 hours scheduled this week...and I'm not sure if I'm going to make it...

I am going to start the week off with working on finishing the stone on the Gilson's house {Lot 4} so hopefully that will help my hands out a little bit, doing something different for a day or so, and then it will be back to the grind. Because we still have 2 more houses to grout this week...and then. STONE WILL BE DONE! 1 more week. 1 more week. 1 more week!




So, as for my house. We didn't end up getting carpet last Monday. sniff. Though the last 2 houses did. I'll admit I was a bit sad to be skipped over. I was really excited...and it is kind of hard to be the only house without it. We did get our yard trenched for sprinklers though, and that is kind of exciting:



Here is David working on the Neilson's sprinklers...fun huh! He has a TON of work to do in the next 2 weeks...I'm a bit worried. It just feels so daunting. We definitely need more people to finish their jobs, so they can move on to help David and Dane do landscaping. (And the stone team probably wont be done until next Saturday). I want to be optimistic about us having our open house on May 12th, but I think it might more realistically be the 19th. sad. But maybe I'm wrong. Either way. The end is in sight...



2 comments:

Us, the Gilson's said...

It looks TOTALLY AWESOME! The grout looks amazing! (and I totally understand the getting skipped over thing. Sorry it worked out that way.) Can I snag your pipes pics?! I don't have any. Miss ya. Enjoy your day off! :)

Us, the Gilson's said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I could get things 'done' that fast!