Friday, January 21, 2011

WEEK 12


So, this past week has been crazy. Our landlords moved out and our new landlords moved in, and in the process we lost our internet for a week so this post is a little late...but that just means you wont have to wait very long for the next update. my my. It will feel like this week (week 13) just flew right by. for you. not for me. :)


LOT 6:

Last Saturday we flew trusses on my house. It looks like a house now! Last Saturday morning at 8 AM it looked like this:


And at 10 AM the crane came:


And our truss hookers got to work:


And 53 minutes later thanks to the wall and roof teams it looked like this:


here is an inside view up:

And the view down: {I actually fell down there last monday...that first step is a doozy because well, I haven't trimmed it back yet...I hit my head pretty bad with the sledge hammer I was carrying around like Paul Bunyan. Luckily all I got was a nice bruise and a headache and not a concussion.}


My entry way:


Here is David modeling our East side yard, I like to think of it as our lake since right below that board he is standing on is about 10 inches of water:


And now here he is modeling the back yard: It is so fun to be able to see how big it really is now that the house is up. It makes me smile :) I cannot wait until I can have a massive garden. MASSIVE.


The roof team also got all of the fascia up around the house:


The West Side:


LOT 5:

We also got about 98% of the floor for Lot 5 done....and the very first wall went up:


YAY, we've started on Sam & Abby's House!


LOT 4:

We also got the basement wall started on the very last house! Hoping we can get the floor on soon so that our days of shoveling snow and sledging ice out of basements can be over FOR-EV-ER!

LOT 3:
LOT 2:
LOT 1:

I didn't get any new pics....sad day.

No comments: