Saturday, December 11, 2010

WEEK 7

What a week. I am soooo tired. I know, I know....I say that every week....but I really am! {boo hoo} So here is what we've been up too:

Things have been rather slow {or so it seems, the roof team and the wall team didn't even come close to hitting our goals :-( }. While we have gotten a lot done, I feel kind of discouraged that I am not able to do more, and do it all more quickly. Today I spent a lot of time installing 1 more door {which I am finally getting the hang of doing}, hanging flashing around the windows (which takes a long time when you are moving your ladder around in mud) and then learning how to properly put in the doorknobs and deadbolts. EASY RIGHT! Wrong... :-) I had no idea how much went into it! You have to make sure that the door can close easily when you just push on it, make sure that no light shines through, make sure you have to push a little harder with your hand to lock the deadbolt...etc. etc. Who knew... I know I didn't. All I do know is that it was a little disheartening to not get more done today...but hey, I am getting a lot faster in general, so I'm sure I'll get faster at this as well...it's just that slow learning process that gets me down sometimes. I guess I'm not really "down" per say...just tired. I better head off to bed, everything always seems better after a good nice long sleep!

LOT 1: The stucco is going up, the inside has drywall, the garage door is up...and I've got a couple more doorknobs to install...


LOT 2: We are ALMOST done with our punchlist, roofing should start early next week, and I have one more door that needs to be put in, they delivered the wrong door...so I just have to wait.


LOT 3: LET PUNCHLIST BEGIN! That is our major goal for this week...and David's major goal is to sheet the roof!


LOT 6: My basement wall was completed. Looks good huh!?! Our goal this week is to get the floor on, but we can only start it after we complete the punchlist on LOT 3. I am trying to be optimistic, but the punchlist takes SO long...so we'll see. {That takes me back to the wishing I had more time and that I was a faster worker... sheesh. :-) }



Let Week 8 BEGIN! Booya!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm loving these posts about building your house. You are learning so much and I love seeing it happen.

And I can't imagine how exhausting it is. Hang in there!