Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 5

This week has been pretty good. We didn't have to put in very many hours because of Thanksgiving, only 20 compared to our usual 35...so I have finally had some time to rest and start feeling a little bit better (though my cold has still not completely gone away...boo!)

We are getting so much done it just makes me smile. I have been working on installing the doors on Lot 1 and WOW it has been quite the challenge. It is definitely harder than one might think, but I am having fun learning it (And it is mostly an inside job, which definitely has its perks. :-)

Lot 1:Lot 2:
Lot 3:Our house which is Lot 6, was supposed to be the last house to be built but... we had a lumber drop last Wednesday (the green stack behind the house is the sheeting for the floor), because our pre-fabricated walls were ready before Lot 4's and our basement and garage have already had cement poured (unlike Lot 4). Don't ask me why it all got done out of order, but I am kind of excited! It is going to be so awesome to be working on my own house! By next Saturday we should have the beginnings of one awesome looking floor.

YAY!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! From the pictures you posted of what it was going to look like way back before you started, I didn't think it would be that big or separated from other houses. How big will it be in the end? It is a beautiful house. I'm excited for you!

Anne said...

All of the houses we are building are approx 2500 sq feet. YAY! They do look bigger now than they did on paper...that's for sure :-)

Nchristner said...

I am so excited for you, I can't wait until your lot starts looking more like a house! What hard work you are doing, you will be a pro! Then you can come help me at my house! lol.