Monday, July 5, 2010

5th Anniversary

On the 10th of June, David and I had our 5th anniversary. How crazy is that! It seems like it has gone by so fast! We decided that since it was the big "5" we would skip out on our traditional camping trip (good thing too since it rained all weekend long!) and go stay at a 5 star hotel in Park City. (The Waldorf Astoria) We got a great deal at hotwire.com and we were able to redeem some of our American Express travel points...so it was absolutely awesome. Though I think I have been forever spoiled by luxury. I thought it would be a nice room, but I had no idea that it would be close to the size of our current apartment, complete with 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, washer/dryer, living room, dining room, 3 tvs (one in the bathroom---seriously!?!), 2 fireplaces, a huge vanity, and a balcony. It was beautiful...




We didn't dare order any food since we figured it would probably cost us around a zillion dollars...and I was half tempted to take home the $75 dollar blanket that they put on the bed that was literally the softest blanket I had ever touched in my life---but I resisted...we debated if they would charge us for stealing the nice pen they left on the nightstand (we did, and they didn't), and I have been using their "spa" eucalyptus shampoo and soap ever since I got home. We are definitely going back...not anytime soon...but someday... :-)

Happy Anniversary David! I love you!

No comments: