Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sewing

I have very much been in a sewing mood lately...and I have had so much fun sewing up a few new things for Audrey. I made this purple shirt and had a blast learning how to do shirring with elastic thread (who even knew their was such a thing as elastic thread?). I also had a lot of fun sewing up the little pink flower skirt, and Audrey seems to like it as well since she has pretty much worn it 9 out of the last 10 days. I'm going to have to rip it off her body so I can wash it. Or maybe make another skirt so we can trade =) One of the two...


Now after seeing the two pictures. Just imagine the purple shirt being worn with the pink skirt. Try as I might I can't convince her that they don't really match. Because in her mind they do...and really what does mom know anyway...I mean really.

2 comments:

painty (Melinda) said...

Those are darling! What a great seamstress you are! And that's pretty cute that she likes them so much. And anyone who has had a three year old girl should understand Audrey's unique sense of color matching style... :)Sometimes I wonder what people think of me as a mother when I go out with Dessie, who now not only insists on dressing herself, but on doing her own hair.

Unknown said...

cute! I love elastic thread! I am so glad you discovered a love for it! Serious though I don't know what I would do without it! Audrey is darling!