So, lately I have been really having a hard time balancing all the great things in life---ha ha---and the not so great as well. So, I thought I would ask for a little advice. How do you:
1. Give kids the attention they need while 2. still getting the time alone that you need while 3. squeezing in quality time with your husband while 4. Still spending time together as a family while 5. Getting the kids to bed at a decent hour while 6. Not going crazy and not to mention 7. All those other things your supposed to do everyday like exercising, scripture study, prayer, cooking, cleaning....etc. etc.
Today: the dishes are piled in the sink, the laundry is all over the floor, Audrey's hair isn't combed, my son isn't dressed and I ate leftover soup for breakfast...does everybody go through this?!? Sometimes I just don't know... I'm sure every mom feels this way...
Last day in Washington
7 years ago
4 comments:
Have you ever seen the movie Multiplicity...
Hire a maid. That's what we did.
OH Anne, I know exactly how you feel! So maybe I am not one to give advice, but... For a brief while I felt like I was doing those things pretty well and life was awsome for a while. Having a routine was what did it for me. It took lots of work at first, but once Dessie knew that what to expect every day, things went lots smoother. I assigned every task that needed to be done to a day of the week(or month if it was a monthly task) and only focused on doing that task. It helped a lot because I wasn't overwhelmed trying to decide which of a million things to do... that was however before I had two kids. :)
hello!
i just noticed your comment on one of my posts. i can so relate to this post. somedays, i am just thankful to take a 5 minute shower. "motherhood" the hardest job on earth, but most rewarding. i completely understand every word! so hard.
yes, letters of the week have been great for us. just a fyi...@ his preschool they are starting with straight letters first. they are NOT going in order. the concept is easier to learn how to draw (or write) in straight letters first, then they will move to curve letters. like L, H, F, for example.
hope you have a great weekend. messy house & all. :) that's what we will be having.
Post a Comment