Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ketchup? I mean Catch Up:

Once again I have gone way to long between posts...

October 14 2009

(Emerson age 6 months and 14 days) = I turned around and little Emerson had climbed his little self up on his chair and was trying to get his toys out of the toy basket. What a little stinker! I really don't think he should be big enough to do this...

October 15th = I can no longer keep my stuff on the couch...


Emerson tried peas for the first time and as you can tell by his face he really loved 'em. Ha ha, no he really did! And amazingly enough I pureed those peas myself. HA HA. I know, I know. It never dawned on me to make my own baby food when I had Audrey...but this go around Emerson's gonna get all sorts of homemade food. Lucky guy. I think it will be kinda fun, and a lot cheaper! yay---I'm kinda excited. Weird.


Audrey and I have been going to the Library every week (for the past month or so) for story time. It has been so much fun. The first few weeks Audrey was pretty hesitant, and really didn't want to sit by the other kids. But she is slowly getting more brave and more excited about going. This picture is from a few weeks ago. Her homework was to color "sammy the squirrel" and make a puppet. I am AMAZED at how well she colors, she almost always stays in the lines, and she cut out the squirrel herself...she loves scissors =]


We are also discovering how COOL the library really is. I can't believe how many fun things they have. We have been checking out flannel board stories, file folder games, and books on CD (you know, the kind that beep when you change the page) Audrey just loves them. We also get about 10 new books a week and she "reads" them all the time. If I tell her no books before bed, I will often walk by her room to see that she is in her bed, lights off, trying to "read." I am so glad that she loves books so much, I remember loving my mom reading to us girls every night and I'm glad that Audrey is going to love it too...

Here are a few more pics to get us caught up:

October 18, 2009

(David got a cowboy shirt from the DI and was pretty excited about it, so he got out his cowboy hat too. He want's some cowboy boots as well...not too sure about that idea=)

October 22, 2009

Oct 27, 2009


She looks way to old in this picture (I think it is a glimpse into the future:

Nov 1, 2009

Emerson is now 7 months old. And he's had it rough! Or so he thinks. This past month he has grown in all 4 teeth and had a VERY rough go at it...poor kid.

November 3, 2009

Emerson LOVES to take baths!!! See you later baby bath tub... we're in to the big tub now! He loves to take baths with Audrey and chew on Audrey's letters. If she is in, and he isn't he will stand by the edge of the tub and yell, as he tries to climb in. Emerson would stay all day in the tub if I would let him...


November 14, 2009

I made a cute red hat, that was supposed to be adult sized---but ended up a little small, so Audrey got a new hat. She was a bit disappointed it was red instead of pink or purple, but was a bit happier when I added the flower. I caught her putting it under her pillow and later wearing it to bed and calling it her "sleeping hat" so I think she likes it...


Well, that's that...I'll never fall behind again! ha ha...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! Your kids are too cute! That Emerson is adorable! I can't believe he is getting more mobile! crazy!