So, yesterday I was a little bit upset over a few things and I got kind of mad. Okay, I got really mad. And as I was trying to just get (whatever it was =) out of my mind I started thinking about how this life really is just a test...and sometimes we pass parts of it, and sometimes we just fail. We make wrong choices and we do the wrong things and act the wrong way. And, well I guess that is okay sometimes...as long as we learn from it, and say sorry, and feel sorry, and try harder next time. Sometimes I think I get too caught up with all the "things" and I forget that the people around me are so much more important than any of it. Besides, Heavenly Father gave me all the things anyway---and he can take it all away or give plentifully...and it really shouldn't matter. (After all he is the one giving the test, and we gotta go with his rules!). People are what matter, even the people who you think you hate.(after all, they are going through their own test too, and sometimes they make wrong choices, and they do the wrong things, and they act the wrong way too =) Everybody is a child of God...Everybody is important...and ALL people are more important than all the things in the world. I'm going to try to do better. Try to love people more, and forgive more freely when I feel I've been wronged. It doesn't really matter now does it? c'est la vie. that's life!!!!! It may be an overused saying but: Life really isn't what happens to you, it is how you respond to what has happened. Last night, for a small moment, I think I really had a glimpse of that eternal perspective, and it made everything I've been worried about seem so trivial and small. In eternity what is it that will really matter? It really is something to think about!
1 comment:
AMEN!!! A few weeks ago we were at the Bishopric's house for an activity. They have an absolutely beautiful house and someone spilled on the carpet. They started freaking out and the lady of the house walked up and said, "Don't worry about it. People are more important than carpet." That taught me such a great lesson. She could have freaked out, though most wouldn't do that, but most people probably would have hurried to clean it up and get the stain out. But not her. She stopped to comfort the person who had done it, made sure they didn't feel bad, and then proceeded. It was an incredible display of how important people really are...
Post a Comment