Tuesday, June 23, 2009

David bought me a car!

So, I am 26 years old and have 2 kids and I have never ever ever owned a car! sniff. sad for me. ha ha. Anyhow, last Friday David came home from work and asked if I wanted to go look at this used car sale he had heard about on the radio. (We have been thinking about buying a car for awhile now, but I keep putting it off---"oh, I'll be okay...we don't really need a car..." you know. that kind of thing. Well, we went out to "just look" and ended up bringing home this 2005 Nissan Altima. wahoo. I am so excited. This is probably the most spontaneous thing we have ever done =) he he. But I feel so much better just knowing I can go anywhere I want to during the day and we don't have to be trapped here in our basement apartment all day! Freedom feels so good! I started thinking about all the things Audrey, Emerson and I could now go do: story time at the library, swimming lessons, picnics at the park, grocery shopping, visiting friends, maybe starting up a preschool group etc etc etc. Just thinking about it all makes me smile and feel good!

So here are a few pics of my new car!


So, funny thing happened. They asked for my drivers license when we bought it and low and behold discovered that it has been expired since my birthday in march. UGHHH! So, now I can't even drive it. ha ha ha. Anyhow, I am going in on thursday to renew it, and according to the info online I wont have to take any tests or anything because it hasn't been longer than 6 months. phew. good thing I noticed now and not 3 months from now!

Thanks David---I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you (and glad you won't have to take any tests to renew your license)!

Anonymous said...

That is SO great! I know it makes a huge difference for me to have a car at home--even if I don't go somewhere every day, just knowing that I can makes me feel better. I am so happy for you!! looks like a nice car

Shayla said...

HAHAHA so funny!! Nice car :)

Unknown said...

Wow! Funny! That's a really nice little car too.