Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trick or Treat at Hogle Zoo

On the 25th of October we went to the zoo with David's mom. That day that they were having trick or treating there and let's just say (as you can see for yourself from the pictures) that it was more than just a tad bit busy. We had to park over a mile away and walk (I was tired of walking before we even got there!) and I could not believe how many people were there! It was crazy, but also fun because all the little kids were dressed up and there were some really neat costumes! We didn't end up standing in very many candy lines because they were so long, and we only stayed for 2 hours because it was just too crowded---but it was fun, though I probably wouldn't do it again!

One of the neat things about going to the zoo this time around, was that all of the cats were really active. I don't think I have ever seen them do much more than sleep around. The tiger was really amazing to watch, it was pacing back and forth, and then it took a swim in it's little water hole, and got out and shook himself off. It was really fun to watch, and to be so close to it!



1 comment:

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

I think you and David and Audrey and baby Malmborg should come to DC soon and I'll take you to the Smithsonian National Zoo! Okay, when are you coming?