Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Do I Even Like Sewing???

So, me being the kind of person who is always thinking of "fun", cute, crafty things to do (though I am also the kind of person that starts a billion of these projects and finishes a very small percentage of them--- sigh) decided that I was going to make Audrey a princess dress for Halloween. (The yellow one on the top right...but I'm making hers in pink)

Anyhow, needless to say after 2 or 3 hours of hard work, ending in a bout of extreme frustration, I ask myself "Do I even like sewing?" Before a project I always think I do, and after a project I am always so proud of my accomplishment...but during a project---well lets just say sometimes when I've unstitches a sleeve 4 times, and I can't get the elastic in it to lay quite straight, and then the machine starts making big loopy stitches, and the bobbin gets stuck, and I can't figure out what I've done wrong, and I find myself getting mad at the little girl who's beautiful dress this will be, and saying a few choice words under my breath #$@!&* ---sometimes I wonder? Anyhow, I told myself if David was here he would tell me to "put it away and try again tomorrow" and so I did (though probably I should have done it a little sooner.) So, here lies the mess, and I AIN'T even gonna clean it up! And hopefully tomorrow it will be a little more fun, and I'll wake up in the morning and think I like sewing again. Which I do. I think. Sometimes.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

well, I hope you don't get as stressed out the next time you pull out your sewing machine. I am the same way... I think I like something and thenI don't... Although, I should be better about things. I am looking forward to seeing it done though! And just think after Halloween is over, your little princess will have something to wear when she feels like dressing up!

Shayla said...

haha that's funny!

Unknown said...

Anne, I know how you feel. Keep trying. :) It shows you're willing to put a little sacrifice into it for her. She will love it no matter how it turns out. I made a costume for Madelyn last year and she likes it so much she wants to wear it again this year, just because I made it. :)Now that's got to mean something...most 4 year olds would want to be a princess any day over a clown, but she's hooked!

Anonymous said...

Ah Anne, you have such a way of putting my feelings into words! I am going to try and make a lamb costume, much simpler than a princess dress...
good luck to both of us.

emiflute said...

I know it will turn out. That is such a great little piece of advice. i need to tell myself to "Put it down and try again tomorrow" more often. Thanks for the thought to ponder. Have a great week!

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

You make me laugh! Oh the days of sewing class (which I'm so glad you made me take). I wish I could keep up with it like you do. Adam wouldn't let me make him a princess dress for Halloween. :(