Friday, September 5, 2008

House Search Woes

So, I haven't put anything on my blog for awhile and I thought I would just do a quick update on all of the stuff that isn't going on in my life, like how we haven't found a house yet, and how we aren't moving! grrrr. So our realtor has been out of town for the last 3 weeks or so and she isn't going to be home until Sunday and then she is going to Boston 2 weeks after that for another week. I must admit I have been a tad bit frustrated by this. We found this house that we liked in Orem and well I liked it a lot and it was pretty big compared to all of the other homes that are available in our price range. This home was 1800 sq feet where a lot of the other homes are 1,000 or less...many down in the 800 sq feet which is just too little for our family! I thought a lot about it, I liked it, then I wasn't sure, then I was, then I wasn't anyhow---in the end we decided it would be perfect and emailed our realtor saying we think we would like to make an offer. She emailed back saying it was still available and she would be home on Sunday. That was last Monday and the home was no longer listed for sale on Tuesday. Grrrr. Anyhow, I don't think our realtor even knows that it is sold because the other home that we were also a little bit interested in, she said she would contact us if there were any offers on it and well it has been unlisted for over 2 weeks and she hasn't called. I shouldn't be frustrated, or maybe I should be? Anyhow, yesterday I found another home that looked really nice that was located right in American Fork which was only a few blocks from David's work. He was going to drive by it today and then see if we could get a different realtor to take us through it tomorrow...but alas, today it too was unlisted! What is with this? We just can't seem to do anything fast enough to have a shot at purchasing any of the homes we are interested in! Anyhow, but we will keep looking...I hope that we can find something before the end of the year. I am really ready to move out of David's grandmother's basement. It has been such a blessing to be here and it has helped out more than she might ever know, but now that David has a job and we finally have an income big enough to support ourselves, I feel like we should be moving out! Anyhow, I am sure it will all work out and we will find the perfect place...I just hope it is a little bit sooner than later.

4 comments:

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

My advice from experience: Get a new realtor! The exact same thing happened to us. Every house we liked would go unlisted because our realtor wouldn't call us back fast enough. It took us over 8 months to wise up. Then again the house we now own wasn't available until just the right time when we switched realtors so I don't know that it made a difference anyway and now I'm not as grateful for this house as I'd like to be. Owning a home is so nerve-racking for me. I worry about everything. I wish you luck in finding what is best for your family. It will happen I promise. Try to be grateful when it does. I hope you find one soon so we can share our home ownership stories.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments the other day on my blog. It made me feel so much better, really! I miss my Annie!

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie! The house search is so exciting, yet sooo frustrating. We know a realtor if yours is just too busy, seriously. Even if your realtor is somehow family, sometimes ya just gotta be professional, business is business, and homeless is... well, I hope you find a house soon.

Shayla said...

sounds like you need a new realtor to me! Here's the website of some friends of mine http://www.oremutahhousesforsale.net/ if you are interested. Tell them my name and tell them I said to give you a good deal. They're awesome and in Orem so they might be more available for you.
Anyway, we should do something before we're not in the same valley anymore! Give me a call!

Unknown said...

I totally understand your frustrations. We too looked for a house for almost a year until we found ours, but we did have an awesome and generous realtor who did anything for us. I agree with Jen. If the realtor isn't doing her job in a way to please you, then why keep her around? Doesn't that say something about how she views the importance of finding your house? It doesn't seem like she cares enough and that you're just another number...Get rid of her for sure!Good luck too. :)