Thursday, May 3, 2012

Shooting

A few weekends ago we went with Kari and Joey to go shooting. (okay, mostly we went so David could go shooting...I just sat around the fire, and the kids mostly just collected shotgun shells, until they got too cold...) We just drove about 10 minutes or so from our house (South on Redwood road) parked our van, piled into Joey's truck with the "BIG WHEELS" (which Emerson has been talking about ever since) and drove up the side of the mountain until we found a spot to set up camp and go shooting. I really really really enjoyed myself...and the fact that we were so close to home. I've been kind of a homebody lately...so this was the perfect outing for me :-) 

Emerson was pretty funny. After we drove up the mountain you couldn't see our van parked at the bottom anymore...all you could see was Utah Lake. Emerson was so confused and kept asking why our van was in the water... 

Emerson all snuggled up in his blanket "Mom, I need something to eat under here." 






Thanks Kari & Joey we had a blast! (Now, Emerson thinks headphones are the same as earplugs...used for when we go shooting :-) And every time we see a big truck with "Big Wheels" Emerson wants to get it for his dad so we can drive up the mountain.


1 comment:

Nchristner said...

For some reason I can't think of you shooting...but I am glad you had fun! Your kids are so stinkin' cute!