{October 31, 2011}
Emerson....well, he was Lightening McQueen. At first I couldn't figure out any way to make a McQueen costume so I thought he might have to be something else. But then David had this idea to just make one out of a box. David shaped it and glued it and then I did a layer of paper mache' and then spray painted it red and yup....I painted it like McQueen. I was really nervous to do it because I'm not much of an artist but I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out. And Emerson loved it, which is really all that matters.




And David....good ol' David. He was Puss 'n Boots. All because he has just been aching to buy himself a pair of real cowboy boots...he he. I'll tell you what though. My aunt Diana gave us this orange furry fabric and David designed the whole thing himself. He cut it out and I just sewed it where he told me to sew. He looked awesome. Though the heels on those boots do make him a bit tall... :)




And oh, my goodness. Can you believe this...Audrey's very first EVER Halloween school parade. I think I shed a few tears. I remember being in my school parades. Walking through all the parents looking for my mom. oh wow how time flies by...really.
And uh...I didn't dress up! WHAT!?! Well, at first Audrey wanted me to be her "little lamb" so people would know who she was. But then she got her stuffed lambs and didn't need me anymore. sad day. I was kind of sad because I had even borrowed a lamb costume and everything from my visiting teacher. But...at the end of the day I was just too tired to be anything at all. oh well huh. Maybe next year I'll be something cool if I start planning something early enough. :-)




1 comment:
You are such a good mommy and wife! You are so creative too! Love these costumes!
Post a Comment