Sunday, February 20, 2011

WEEK 17

Scaffolding is up around our house...though the stucco guys have been mysteriously missing all week. I thought that they were supposed to start stucco last Monday, but alas:


Our garage door is in! YAY! I was able to put on our doorknobs (which are beautiful!) and lock the house up. We also got our little garage door openers for our cars :) Mine is in my car already just sitting there making me wish that I could use it!


I also had to fix the front door. The wind has been crazy this past week and I mean CRAZY! We keep pieces of wood in the doors to keep them shut until the knobs get put on, but the wind has just been breaking them and blowing the garage door and front door open and shut (I think we heated the outside almost every night this past week. sad.) Anyhow, the wind got so bad that it actually broke one of the screws in half that was holding the front door to the house, it looked like I did a terrible job installing the door...the bottom was pushed out really far, and it was letting in tons of light etc. ), The slamming also broke a big chunk of wood off it. I'm hoping we can just glue it back on and you wont be able to tell...i hope.

Our interior doors and baseboards also got dropped off, and the texture on the ceiling and walls got done...I am getting excited:


The Nielson's (Lot 5): is being inspected on Monday. {cross fingers}. And then it needs to be shingled.


The Gilson's (Lot 4): We have a lot of punchlist to do...and roofing. I've been having a hard time because I can't do a lot of my punchlist stuff until the roof has been sheeted. David is working with me all day tomorrow (since it is President's Day) so hopefully a big part of the roof will get done! And then I don't think it will take too long to finish.


And then we are officially starting on finish work (which has actually technically already been started. Lot 1 is getting painted this week, how crazy is that!)

I was getting super excited to finally be able to work inside, you know, dreaming about the day I didn't have to be covered in mud, and I would be out of the rain and snow...until I found out yesterday that me and my neighbor Sam will actually be doing the stone work on the OUTSIDE of the houses. There is no inside for me...only outside....I will be FOR-EV-ER outside! {sniff.} Is it wrong of me to be just a tad bit sad... :( I'm mostly sad because I will probably be working all by myself most of the time since the 2 girls I have been working with on Mondays and Tuesdays are going to be nice and cozy and warm inside. That is 10 hours a week of being 100% alone. It is going to be weird. I'm trying to be excited...it really might actually be a fun thing to do. But it is definitely not what I expected. oh well huh. It needs done...as so many things do. :-)

David however is lucky enough that he is going to be heading inside. He has 4 priorities in the following order 1. underlayment 2. cabinets 3. plumbing and 4. paint prep. He will do his #1 priority on all the houses that are ready for it and then he comes back and starts on his #2, then #3 then #4. After all the priorities are done...we start on landscaping and then...we will move in. Do you think that will ever happen. ha ha. "just a few more months, a few more months, a few more months..." :)

No comments: