So, the bad news is that we were supposed to have our first lumber drop on October the 18th...and we got official news today that it has been pushed back for probably another week. I can't believe how long we have had to wait to get started. We had our first building meeting way back in July, and Nathan (our contractor) said to expect to start the last week in August. Then delays happened, and it turned out we would probably start the end of September...well, now here it is and we are getting closer and closer to the end of October. David and I joke that we really just want to build our house in 10 feet of snow (because that would be awesome right!?!)...so that is why we haven't started yet. (oh dear) I am trying to stay positive about it. I really am so excited, and happy that at least I will be busy this winter...so hopefully that will prevent sudden bouts of crying about being in a basement for another year.
The exciting news is that we found out what our individual jobs will be during this whole process. Here is how it breaks down:
"A" Team = Megan & Abby = Anything that is needed
Floor Team = Dane, Jenn, ANNE, Kassie = stairs, joists, floor, ground crew, windows, doors, punchlist, hardware, underlayment, cabinets, baseboards, decks
Roof Team = Heidi, DAVID, Mont = porch cap, truss prep, fly crew, sheeting, roofing, plumbing, landscaping
Wall Team = Phil, Dave, Sam = green plate, basement walls, interior and exterior walls, paint prep, painting, stone
David and I are on separate teams (he is on the "roof" team and I am on the "floor" team) which he likes because he wanted us to learn as many different things as possible...I'm not sure if I like it or not, since I have a feeling I would like him right next to me helping me out. (YIKES!)
Anyhow, I am a bit nervous that I am going to be doing the stairs...I have heard horror stories about how difficult they are...but hey, even if I have to rip them out again and again and fix mistake after mistake it will still be an adventure...right!?! I am excited to do cabinets though, so I'm glad I'm on my team!
Wow, I just can't even express how excited I am. I feel so blessed that we are going to get to do this. That we are going to have a house....even if we have to build it during the winter! I am so thankful for how Heavenly Father has taken care of our little family. He has provided for our needs as well as our want for a house. He has provided a way! And I am so grateful for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment