Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lot #6

Last night we got a call from RHDC letting us know the tonight we are going to be having our FIRST building meeting for our house! I am sooooooo excited because this means that we have found 2 more families to join our group, and that things are finally going to get rolling! We are going to start building...hopefully soon, very very, very soon!


The sad part is that we wont be able to attend the meeting....WHAT!?! I know, I know. I have kept the entire summer open just so I wouldn't plan things that might interfere...but I did plan one little itty bitty thing...and that was to go see Paul McCartney at the REAL stadium on July 13th...I mean seriously, I HAD to plan that. I didn't even have a choice! I HAD t0o. And as luck would have it, of course that had to be the day they chose. HAD to be. ha ha.

I'm trying to not be too sad about it, my friend Abby (who will be our neighbor) is going to take notes for me and I am going to go over to her house tomorrow for updates/info. And then there is another meeting on Thursday...so I guess it is okay. Who knew I would ever be SOOOO sad to miss a meeting. Good thing I think Paul is worth it. =->

So, drum roll.....here is our lot!!! We thought it would be fun to go out and take some pics of it before they pour the foundation.


After walking the lot, we realized it is uh, a bit bigger than we thought. YAY! I am so excited for a big garden, and sandbox, and fruit trees, and fire pit, and grass, and flowers and, of course, a house with bedrooms above the ground. =-)

I am SO HAPPY! YAY!

3 comments:

Erin Johnson said...

yay for neighbors!!! ps I know how to paint so I can help with that

painty (Melinda) said...

I am sooo happy for you! That is so exciting. I'm glad you will have a fun big yard. Yay!!!

Unknown said...

Wow. Anne, what an opportunity. It does look big. I hope you don't drop off the face of the earth. Don't wear yourself out too much, ya hear!?