Monday, August 24, 2009

Ah, to be 3 Again

Oh what a weekend this has been! I can't believe my little Audrey is 3 years old now. How crazy is that!?! We had a lot of fun celebrating her birthday all weekend long...her actual birthday was on Friday but since David was off river rafting with his work until late Saturday night. Audrey and I went over to my parent's house to celebrate! And then Sunday we celebrated again with David and his mom and sister. This girl got spoiled! But that's what birthdays are for right...one day (or weekend) a year where you get everything you want. =) well...mostly!

Friday we started off the day by taking a trip over to Walmart to buy a certain little toy camera that Audrey has been eyeing for months now. It is one of those little made in china tinkerbell cameras that they keep by the checkout...and Audrey has been so good to always put it back before we leave the store saying: "maybe for my birthday huh mom." So well, I let her get it, and a little mini mouse phone because she couldn't decide what she wanted... And she has played with them all weekend long.

After shopping we headed over to the pool to go swimming with Aunt Sara. Audrey had fun in the little pool, because it was warm. She wasn't too thrilled with the big cold pool. But Emerson didn't seem to mind it at all. We had to get him out of the big pool because he was turning purple, we had to take Audrey out 'cause she was crying. he he.

Then we went to my parent's house and Audrey helped me make cupcakes:


And then we went outside, roasted hotdogs and Audrey got to "blow [her] birthday out!"




My mom got her a cute little mini mouse dress (above) and another purple dress and Kari got her some adorable shoes. (If you know Audrey, you know she loves shoes!)


She also got some necklaces and bracelets from Sara, a little purse from my dad, and a lil' sprout play set from David and I. And then on sunday she got this cute rocking horse from David's mom:


Yah...like I said SPOILED! But she enjoyed herself and had a fun party...and I am ever so glad she is my little girl and that she is such a happy 3 year old!

Some Reasons Why I Love You Audrey:

I love how happy you are, how you run and jump and skip around the house.

I love you telling me that you love me...and then I ask you if you know what love is and you say "I don't know" But I know you do.

I love that you need 20 hugs and kisses from everybody before you go to bed, and how you can think of a zillion and a half things you need before you will stay in bed: "we didn't read squiptures...I need a drink...I need go potty...I need a snack..." it drives me nuts...but I love it too.

I love how every morning you wake up and say "good mornin' mom! I need breakfast...turn me on cartoons."

I love when you say: "I wanna go to the temple to get married" and when I ask you who you will marry you say: "you and daddy and Emerson!"

I love that you ask me 500 times a day to play with Tenley.

I love how much you love Emerson. You are such a good sister and I love how you make him laugh.

I love that you no longer know how old you are...when I used to ask you would say 2 and a half. and now you say "I don't know!"

I love how before you go to bed you say, "I love you mother" and I say "I love you daughter" and then you laugh and say: "I love you daughter" and I say "I love you mother"...and we both go to sleep with a smile!

Thank you for being such a sweet girl. I am SO thankful to have you as a daughter. You make my life so happy...you cheer me up with your smiles and your kisses and your hugs. You remind me to always try harder to be a better person and a better mom. Thanks for being you and Happy birthday!

3 comments:

Jess said...

This is such a cute post - I love it. I also love Audrey's new shoes (do they come in my size?).

Nchristner said...

This is such a sweet way to remember her 3rd birthday. I have a four year old and know how funny they are when they say strange things. Happy Birthday to Audrey! You are a great mommy!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of her and Emerson on the rocking horse. They are both getting so big!